(1) What is a Night Vision Devices (NVD)?
Night Vision devices are electronically enhanced optical devices that enable us to see in near-total darkness.
(2) Why use a Night Visions Devices Instead of a Flashlight?
1) Night Visions Devices make possible a quality of seeing that is far superior to flashlights. They provide your eyes with a light amplification tool that gives you much more night vision sensitivity than many nocturnal animals.
2) See, without being seen. Think of the advantages of seeing without intruding when you are trying to find your way around an unlit campground. Property owners can observe nocturnal criminal activity. Hunters and nature lovers can observe animals without startling them. If you suspect a prowler is nearby, you can spot the â€œperpetratorâ€ without alarming him and safely call the police.
(3) What is the Minimal Amount of Light Required to Operate an NVD?
The threshold of vision with an NVD can vary with different generations,with the quality of the devices, distance and the environment. A Generation-1 Night vision with 500x amplification will give a very useful image in the dimmest light of a scarcely visible new moon. From 100 feet, you can distinguish between kinds of animals, whether a human figure is familiar, male or female. While the screen images are not as sharp as a photograph, Night Visions Devices are astonishing in what they accomplish. System amplification of most second-generation Night Visions Devices is around 22,000 times!
(4) What can I see with an Night Visions Device?
Even on a moonless night or in a dark interior, everything within range of the IR illuminator.